Tips and Tricks

Monday, November 18, 2013

Spicy, Creamy, Potato, Leek, Sausage Soup.

I know you are probably freaking out because potatoes aren't paleo. But first of all, I got white potatoes in my organic vegetable delivery box this week, and second of all, I absolutely adore white potatoes, and although I don't eat them often, life is just too short to cut them out completely. So my Paleo diet does include potatoes every now and then, but if yours doesn't you should skip this recipe. Also, I threw this recipe together with what I had, so the measurements are a little rocky. Adjust it however you need to make it taste good and get the texture you are looking for. Can I just say, the finished product was AMAZING. Probably the best soup I've made so far.



Spicy, Creamy, Potato, Leek, Sausage Soup

3 Leeks (go ahead and slice off both ends, chop them, sauté them in some grass fed butter, and blend them in a food processor so they are smooth)
3 White potatoes, peeled, boiled, then mashed. (Or about 12 small ones, thats what I used)
1-2 lbs of sausage (cooked and ready to go)
3 Tbsp grass-fed butter
1 can of full fat coconut milk
4 cups of chicken broth
1 tsp of cayenne pepper (more or less if you want, this stuff freaks me out so I start slow and add more to taste)
1 Tbsp garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste

The hardest part is cooking and blending the leeks, mashing the potatoes, and cooking up the sausage. Once all that is done, dump everything in a pot and cook on medium heat for 20 minutes. Hope you love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment